Healthy Relationship Education
To fulfil our Charity aim of healthy relationship education to children and young people as a preventative measure. We deliver an hour-long workshop using a board game called ‘Fair Play’. We deliver our workshop in schools, colleges and any children and young person setting. It is a group session and can be delivered up to a maximum of approximately 30 children and young people.
The Paul Lavelle Foundation Healthy Relationship Education Workshop
The board game is an educational tool used to instigate group discussion around various topics surrounding characteristics of healthy/unhealthy relationships, domestic abuse and mental health and wellbeing. The sessions involve voluntary participation, there’s no obligation to contribute, participants can just sit and listen if preferred.
The session also includes an introduction to our Healthy Relationship, Healthy You! App which has been designed to be a go to for advice and guidance on how to keep your relationships healthy and has a menu of local and national support agency contact details.
Primary School Age Years, 3 – 6
- Positive and negative behaviours in relationships
- Dealing with Anger
- Personal Safety Understanding risky situations
- Bullying / Cyber bullying Internet Safety
- Identifying a trusted adult and safe place Grooming
- Gender Equality Dangers of Violence including Knife Crime
Secondary Achool Age, Year 7 – Adulthood
- Physical, Emotional, Sexual, Economic abuse – including coercive control Positive and negative behaviours in relationships
- Personal/Cyber safety
- Bullying / Cyber bullying Gender equality
- Stalking & Harassment / Appropriate behaviours
- Grooming & Child exploitation
- Honour based violence and forced marriage